About the College of Public Service
The College of Public Service at UCCS
The UCCS College of Public Service (CPS) provides students with a collaborative learning environment for lucrative careers in Public Administration, Criminal Justice, Social Work, and more.
CPS Mission Statement
The mission of the UCCS College of Public Service is to improve the quality of life for people and their communities, here and abroad, through collaborative governance, public service innovation, community engagement, and research.
Our Core Values
To accomplish this mission, we strive to:
- Improve the quality of public, nonprofit, criminal justice, and national security systems.
- Educate leaders to meet societal challenges with compassion, vision, analytic rigor, and practicality.
- Foster critical thinking and decision-making, effective and confident communication, creative problem-solving, knowledge management, and global citizenship.
- Create, build, and maintain connections with current, past, and future students and all the communities we serve.
- Ground our decisions and actions in integrity, diversity, collaboration, and excellence.
- Support and model civil public discourse, citizenship, responsibility, and respect.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Vision
We endorse a belief that our differences make us better educators, researchers, and community advocates. To do so, we cultivate a professional atmosphere that equips students, faculty, staff, alumni, and community members to lead critical conversations, create inclusive and equitable environments, and guide public service processes with the knowledge and confidence to address and empower a public that represents the full spectrum of human experience.
Alongside the principles and practice of equity, diversity, and inclusion, the College of Public Service promotes empathetic action and compassionate dialogue within and beyond the walls of our physical space.
All CPS programs and degrees are connected through real-world application, theory, and partnership networks to help prepare students across a variety of Public Service sectors with the cutting-edge knowledge, skills, and experience needed to succeed.
The Department of Criminal Justice within the College of Public Service offers bachelor and master-level degree programs and certificates.
The Department of Public Administration within the College of Public Service offers master-level degree programs and certificates.
The Department of Social Work offers bachelor and master-level degree programs, both accredited by the Council on Social Work Education.