MPA Landing Page
Study Public Administration
Specialize in Public Administration
The UCCS College of Public Service (CPS) is one of the premier institutions for public administration in the Rocky Mountain West.
The Public Administration Department offers relevant and flexible graduate-level programs that prepare students for leadership in the public and nonprofit sectors, including criminal justice and social work.
Graduate Program Options
Master of Public Administration (MPA)
The MPA program at UCCS is a graduate degree for public service and nonprofit professionals.
As a professional in the field of public service, we know you have a passion to serve and impact change in your community and we want to help you support that passion and help you further your career.
Add to and update your professional skillset and knowledge base:
- Lead and manage public governance
- Participate effectively in and contribute to the public policy process
- Analyze, synthesize, think critically, solve problems, and make decisions
- Articulate and apply a public service perspective
- Communicate and interact productively with a diverse and changing workforce and citizenry
Interested but not sure about committing to a degree program?
Explore a graduate certificate:
- Public Management
- Homeland Security & Emergency Management
- Nonprofit Management
- National Security Intelligence
- Criminal Justice
- Grant Writing, Management, and Program Evaluation
Certificate program credits can transfer to the MPA program, covering one-third of the requirements.
UCCS is built around supporting our students.
"The Master’s degree in Public Administration has allowed me to deepen my knowledge of the nonprofit sector and civil service, both of which I am extremely passionate about. I think it’s incumbent on each of us to participate in community endeavors to create and shape the society we want to live in, and I’m excited to put this education to use as I continue to find ways to serve Colorado Springs and the State of Colorado."